Aloha, I just wanted to let you know I’m alive. K, thanks, bye!
Haha! ;P I’m not going to leave that easily.
Anyway, during this pandemic, I’ve been keeping busy:
- I’ve been swimming in my pool most days of the weeks.
- I’ve been watching a whole range of movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime.
- I’ve been reading a lot of memoirs and personal essay collections. So far, I have enjoyed reading James McBride’s The Color of Water: A Black Man’s Tribute to His White Mother and Kim Sunée’s Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home.
- I’ve been setting up my portable classroom to teach and tutor English as another language.
- Besides learning Spanish, I’m picking up some other languages.
- I’m currently writing my manuscript of my adventures in Spain and abroad. I hope to publish it by next year.
- I’m still hanging out with the parents – thank God for them! We usually just have dinners outside in our backyard and make some car trips together to the city.
- I’ve been keeping up with family and friends mostly through digital means. It is nice knowing we’re still connected.
All in all, although I do day-dream and wish and hope for a vaccine for this virus (for Christmas this year in a big red bow ;P) so I can set off and travel abroad more, I’m grateful to have made it this far and I’m hopefully for the future!
I hope you’re staying cool and safe. 🙂